Monday, June 20, 2005

my so-called celibate life

thanks to a few years back when bex introduced me to the pernice brothers i'm currently really enjoying the new album. the above title of this post is the best track on the album. it's upbeat and the perfect summer track to kick off the first day of summer to.

aside from that i'm also digging the bloc party cd and still spinning the latest spoon cd. bex and i saw spoon last week and it brought back memories of the second time i saw spoon. i was 22 and had just quit smoking so i was knitting a sweater for myself to keep my hands busy. sitting next to me was a friend's friend that i had just been introduced to by my partner in crime and favorite person to see shows with: toulouse. (go read her blog! it's awesome) i'll call this guy will. he was nine years older than me and i was growing heavily intrested in by the minute. we began flirting with classic lines like "so, ginger, what do you study?" "i don't know, but i'd like to study you...heh heh." also at some point i couldn't see the keyboard player (who apparently was doing very funny stuff according to will) so i asked jokingly if i could sit on his lap. "sure," he said. "can i call you big daddy?" he laughed and moved his chair as much as he could just so i could see. after a couple of weeks, we got to know each other a bit better and kinda got involved. for a year and a half. he was noncommital and didn't want a girlfriend, but i kept seeing him anyway. things ended badly on the rainiest day in chicago a day after i had returned from my grandmother's funeral. he broke my heart. he left me for his current girlfriend who was underage at the time and about four years younger than me. i still miss will wherever he is.

No comments: